Metropolitan Borough Council
Enjoying savings in staff time, faster software deployment and improved license optimization by implementing Certero for Enterprise SAM
As a thriving borough in Yorkshire, at the centre of the UK this Metropolitan Borough Council is home to over 250,000 residents and the local authority for the area. The council was created by the Local Government Act in the later nineteen hundreds with the current local authority first elected shortly after.
In 2011 the Council was looking to move away from an outsourcing contract and needed to fully understand and accurately quantify the scope of its IT estate. With some 4000 users, the majority of which utilize laptops, spread over many physical sites, gathering this information would prove time consuming and costly.
The Council identified the need for a software tool to help with both IT Asset Management (ITAM) and Software Asset Management (SAM).
A number of products were thoroughly evaluated before Certero for Enterprise SAM was chosen. It was initially deployed within the Council on a proof-of-concept basis before being implemented in 2012. Installation was quick and easy, with the Council up-and-running on the platform within 1 day.
Certero for Enterprise SAM is easy-to-use with a clear GUI that ensures a rapid ROI with minimal user training required to be effective, it:
- Enhances existing ITAM capability to deliver end-to-end SAM
- Supports all virtualization platforms
- Delivers advanced discovery & inventory with 100% accurate and detailed information
- Will quickly help establish an Effective License Position (ELP) and provide the basis for optimization of the software estate
- Can enforce compliance and enable future proofing
Working with Certero is easy. They are extremely knowledgeable about SAM and ITAM and provide lots of information and advice. Certero for Enterprise SAM has really helped the Council get a thorough understanding of our software licensing position and helped us navigate vendor audits.
Certero for Enterprise SAM has now delivered the following benefits:
- Savings in IT staff time – information can be collected remotely, easily and quickly without the need to contact individual users.
- Faster software deployment – upgrades can be centrally pushed out to the user whilst old software can be remotely removed.
- Helped the Council quickly transition from an external managed service to in-house management of software assets.
- Reduced impact of vendor software audits – both from reduced time spent on the audit itself and reducing the need to purchase extra licenses and pay expensive non-compliance penalties. Reduces the time spent collecting information freeing up staff to optimize licensing position