Certero for Mobile is a highly cost-effective mobile device management software solution, providing complete control whilst giving users the access and flexibility they need.
Certero for Mobile addresses the key challenges associated with enterprise mobile management (EMM). Simple administration makes enrollment, configuration, integration, control and application management quick and easy, with minimal impact or disruption for end users. Comprehensive security features ensure valuable assets are protected and access to, or loss of, sensitive data minimized.
- Provisioned in public or private Cloud, on-premise or any hybrid combination, with full functionality and no compromise
- Cloud deployments can be implemented in minutes – not months – helping you meet your objectives quicker and deliver value faster than you can with any rival solutions
- Compile comprehensive inventories of all mobile hardware and software assets
- Works holistically and optimally with all Certero products via the Certero Management Platform, comprising one single data source, one UI and one UX
- Powerful, interactive and customizable reporting functionality
- Simplifies and automates complex IT hardware and software asset management processes
- Improves IT governance and security
- Complimented by Certero’s range of world-class services
All enrolled devices present a comprehensive inventory back to Certero for Mobile, enabling administrators to have full visibility of all the mobile devices across the estate. The type of information that is gathered includes:
- Assigned User
- Platform (iOS, Android)
- Storage (including available space)
- Phone Number
- Mobile Network Provider
- SIM Serial Number
- Applications (Name, Version etc.)
Our mobile device management software simplifies the enrollment process, providing a fast and intuitive solution that requires very little user intervention. There are several ways to enroll user devices with Certero for Mobile:
- Apple DEP (device enrollment program) – zero-touch configuration for IT across Apple devices
- Bulk enrollment – using QR codes, Administrators can quickly enroll many devices by simply scanning an on screen QR code with the device
- Certero for Mobile App – individual users can download the App and self-enroll by following the intuitive enrollment wizard that is built into the app
- Certero for Mobile Bump – an application which uses an NFC (near field communication) ‘bump’ to pass information from a ‘parent’ device to ‘child’ devices being enrolled into Android for Work
Where users are performing a self enrollment, our mobile device management software is able to email them a set of instructions of how to complete the process so that they have all the information readily available.
Once enrolled, devices are automatically configured based on the user’s configuration and an inventory is taken ensuring you have full visibility of the devices across the whole estate.
Our mobile device management software facilitates easy application of configurations. Each configuration includes a number of definitions regarding the options and features that are managed through Certero for Mobile’s device management capabilities.
The following definitions or building blocks are created within Certero for Mobile:
- Secure password policies
- Device restrictions
- Compliance settings
- Kiosk Mode
- AirPrint printers
- Company apps
- Apps from public app stores
- Blacklisting apps from your devices
Each of these definitions is created as re-usable building blocks, streamlining the process of creating multiple configurations as the same building blocks can be used multiple times. The other benefit of this approach is that any changes to the building blocks only need to be made in a single location; for example, if the WiFi passwords change for a specific location, the administrator only needs to edit the definition in a single place and it will automatically update all of the associated configurations.
Configurations are applied to users based on a set of criteria that is defined within Certero for Mobile, this enables the automatic assignment of configurations to users, streamlining the ongoing management of mobile devices.
The Android Enterprise capability enables organizations to separate business applications, supporting employees as they use the same Android device for both personal and work purposes. It offers:
- The ability to separate business apps from personal apps
- Simple provisioning of corporate-owned devices
- Access to business apps on Google Play
- In-built security through encryption for devices, data and apps
Certero for Mobile features advanced security throughout, covering all the bases. Corporate data is kept safe and separate from the user’s own private data in a BYOD scenario.
Security features include:
- Remote wipe or disablement of lost or stolen devices
- Geo-fencing – enforce restrictions on which locations your devices should be located at and alert you if any devices breach these restrictions
- The ability to detect and disable or wipe jail broken or rooted devices
- Enforcing strong corporate password policies
Our mobile device management software has been designed to support both personal devices and corporately owned devices to ensure you can easily incorporate a BYOD (Bring your own device) policy into your overall IT infrastructure. The configurations applied to devices can be defined based on ownership, so that organizations can easily maintain separate policies for each type of device.
Corporate and Public App Stores
Application management within our mobile device management software provides organizations with a simple and easy to use mechanism to publish applications to their users.
Corporate applications are directly uploaded to the Certero for Mobile server which then processes all user installation requests, allowing for software that is not available on any of the public application stores to be easily delivered to client devices.
Applications that are available from any of the major public app stores can also be presented to end users, allowing them to quickly access the applications relevant for their job role.
The publishing of applications is controlled on a per user basis; administrators are able to define policies within our mobile device management software to define exactly which applications are made available to end users.
If you need to distribute paid apps on iOS you can use the Apple Volume Purchasing Program (VPP). By simply logging-in to the VPP portal and downloading the token for your account and adding it into our mobile device management software, organizations are able to gain full visibility of their VPP licenses and their utilization.
Multiple VPP accounts are supported, so simply assign users to the account you require and Certero for Mobile will take care of the rest. If you have used VPP previously, our mobile device management software simplifies the experience of inviting and registering users.
If a user has access to an app that requires a VPP license, the Certero for Mobile app will display a banner asking them to register with VPP; once they have registered, they will be able to download the apps they need.
All VPP licenses are automatically reclaimed from users; when they are either removed from the system (for example when they leave the company) or when their last device is un-enrolled. This allows for the reassignment of licenses to other users.
Certero for Mobile provides highly advanced and automated mobile device management solutions to control and optimize software licenses across all mobile devices.
One of the most cost-effective EMM products available
Delivers accurate inventory of enrolled mobile devices
Secure, easy-to-use solution
Covers the major mobile device operating systems
Enforce secure password policies
Customize device configurations
BYOD is here to stay. Certero can help you enjoy all the productivity, and end user experience and satisfaction benefits whilst ensuring your organization stays secure and in control.
Watch the video to find out how Certero for Mobile, the highly cost-effective EMM solution, ensures control is maintained and risk is minimized, whilst giving users the access and flexibility they need.