Effective License Position and Software Optimization Service
Certero’s ELP and Optimization Service allows you to rapidly gain clarity and control over software licensing, augmenting your team with industry-leading expertise, resource and technology – all working in harmony to achieve results quickly through a unified, enterprise-class SAM service.
What's different about Technology-Led Services?
Put simply, it’s utilizing the very best, automated ITAM & SAM technology within a direct services framework to provide a complete, unified service capable of delivering unprecedented business value and real-time data insights.
Accurate and Granular Inventory
When creating an Effective License Position (ELP), the completeness and quality of the inventory data is critical. You can’t manage what you can’t see, and you can’t optimize software deployments you don’t fully understand. That’s why at Certero, we only use our own advanced discovery and inventory solution to ensure fundamental data quality and accuracy.
By utilizing the Certero Platform, we can drastically reduce deployment time, sustain an accurate and live inventory of your entire IT infrastructure, and automate complex processes like software recognition and the reconciliation of license entitlements to deployed software in real-time. This modern approach improves consistency and accuracy in our results and frees-up SAM experts’ time to use the intelligence to make faster, better decisions and strategic recommendations to mitigate risk, reduce cost, and deliver greater business value.
Value Beyond the Service Engagement
As Certero experts help to gain control and establish a mature SAM process around the automated Certero Unified Platform, you can choose to sustain this value and continue the SAM journey beyond the initial engagement. You have the option to simply sign-up to the Certero solution which will be fully configured to your organization, populated with your data and reporting insights, ready for an in-house team to pick up and run.
Designed Around a Single Vendor
Going beyond contractual compliance, Certero highlight and explore all possible cost-saving optimization opportunities, providing a strategic roadmap to maximize the value of your software investments. Here’s what’s included within the ELP and Software Optimization Service:
- Simply tell us which specific vendor or software publisher you want to focus on, such as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP, VMware etc. The scope can always be increased if desired.
- Provide us with your software entitlement and we’ll produce a live ELP report, identifying any current licensing risk or overspend.
- We then take this a step further by creating a personalized optimization report highlighting any risks in detail and the mitigation actions that you can take to reduce them.
- For any areas of over-spend, we identify where you can potentially reduce your software costs and what financial benefits you could achieve through recommended actions.
Independent and Impartial
Many SAM Service providers are also in business to re-sell software licenses, presenting a commercial conflict of interest when you need to atone for any licensing short-fall they have identified for you. Similarly, many SAM Service providers are employed by the software vendors to undertake audit or ‘baselining’ activity on their behalf.
Certero’s independence means that we have absolutely no commercial interests to sell you licenses or share information with 3rd parties – it’s just not part of our business model. So, you can have peace of mind that our license management experts have only your best interests at heart and are only incentivized to save you money wherever possible.
How Do We Do It?
Engaging with Certero’s project management team is a clear and simple experience from start to finish – we provide both the technology and expertise directly, meaning we’re singularly accountable for delivering value and will walk you through our findings. Throughout the ELP and Software Optimization Service, Certero will:
Simply Provision the Certero Technology
A secure SaaS instance of the Certero Unified Platform takes just a couple of hours, thanks to our architectural advantage – making the process of solution implementation to value delivery much shorter than has ever been possible.
Fully Discover and Inventory your IT infrastructure
Ensure there are no gaps using agent or agent-less inventory, as preferred. Certero captures a complete, centralized view of your infrastructure and how software is deployed, whether on-premises, in cloud environments, or hybrid.
Cleanse and Import License Entitlement
Collate, cleanse, and verify license entitlement data you provide for the specific vendor(s) in scope and import it into the Certero Unified Platform. This can be copies of your licenses and contract, documentation from vendor portals, or transactional data from resellers.
Automate Software Recognition
Leveraging Certero’s Software Recognition Database, we accurately identify your discovered software into meaningful products, versions, and editions. This complex process transforms raw software inventory data into actionable intelligence about application usage and licensing.
Actions and Optimizations Report
We will provide you with an ELP and Optimization report including the value of potential cost-reductions, that you can take away and share with key business stakeholders. The service concludes with documenting your position and next steps so you will know exactly what actions to take to improve your software licensing.
Present ELP & Optimization
We’ll explain your compliance risks and the mitigation steps you can take, as well as any potential optimization opportunities and financial benefits. Through the Certero Unified Platform, we can drill-down into reports and walk you through the details of cost-reducing recommendations.
What are the benefits of Technology-Led Services?
- You can cover major vendor risks without needing to maintain internal expertise.
- Expand understanding of both your exposure to risk and cost-avoidance potential.
- Our service allows your internal team to focus on other priorities, without losing sight of any risks or potential opportunities.
- Your ELP dashboard is based on current data, rather than old data snapshots taken months ago, keeping you accurately informed.
- Your internal SAM function will be able to provide invaluable, accurate information to additional business functions, from finance to operations and security.
- Technology-Led Services are designed to fit closer to your needs as they progress. After the initial service delivery, you can simply purchase our product(s), add-on additional services, or upgrade to one of our SAM Managed Services without the need to start over – the solution is already installed and configured to your organization.
- A single, trusted and highly secure partner – Certero’s global operations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO27001 standard for Information Security Management for mutual security and peace of mind.
- Certero’s proven partnership approach means working as an extension to your teams, for which trust, professionalism and clear communication, expectations and delivery are paramount.
- You’ll be joining the happiest customers in the industry. Real-world customer reviews, independently verified by Gartner’s Peer Insights, rate experiences with Certero higher than any other major SAM vendor – and across every review category.
Who Are Your Key Stakeholders?
Anybody who needs to know about your deployed software, license compliance and risks.
Because SAM touches so many areas of a business, our experience has shown that insight from your internal SAM team is hugely beneficial to other functions such as Security, Service Desk, Finance and Procurement.
The reports provided to you can be easily shared, adding broader value across your organization and supporting collaboration. By removing barriers to information, Certero helps to unify understanding of your IT estate across business functions.
Additional Value for Existing Customers
For customers who already have the Certero Unified Platform in place, enlisting the help of Certero licensing expertise under a tactical ELP & Optimization Service provides even greater long-term value, as we’ll use your Certero instance to perform the work.
That means that after the report is complete you’ll still have a fully populated, verified and configured SAM solution that you can simply maintain by adding-in new software purchases moving forward. You’ll have the longer-term strategic benefit of seeing the impact that your recommended optimization actions have on your licensing position as changes are made.
With experts in all major software vendors, Certero is here to support you throughout your software asset management journey. So, why opt for anything less?