Certero for Enterprise ITAM is the world’s most advanced solution for discovering and compiling inventory data for IT hardware and software assets.
- Compile comprehensive inventories of all hardware and software assets across all platforms, from mobile to mainframe to cloud
- Fully integrated with all Certero solutions via the Certero Management Platform, with a single data source, one UI and one UX
- Powerful, interactive and customizable reporting functionality
- Simplifies and automates complex ITAM processes
- Improves IT security and governance
Discovery and Inventory
To manage all your hardware and software assets you need 100% visibility of the entire IT estate. With Certero for Enterprise ITAM you can easily find and record all the data you need for all your IT hardware and software assets, across all your platforms.
- Discovery and inventory all managed directly within the solution
- Deploys out of the box
- No reliance on 3rd party tools
- Fully flexible, utilizing agentless, agent or a combination of both
- Works across all platforms: Windows, Mac OSX, Unix, Linux, Android, iOS, and even mainframe (e.g. zLinux)
- Fully captures how and where software is installed or utilized, covering virtualization, thin client, CPUs, cores, clusters and more
- Detailed and comprehensive inventory information such as operating systems, server roles, data groups, chassis, processors, physical and logical disks, printers, monitors, routers, switches, drive mappings and more is compiled into a consolidated view in just a few clicks
- Establishes the broadest and most granular level of data possible
Certero for Enterprise ITAM works straight out-of-the-box to automatically measure the usage of all software at all times, providing you with the information you need for decisive action.
- No need to specify which applications you want to monitor, or the number of applications measured at any one time
- Proactive by default as all the information you need to identify unused/under-utilised software assets are readily available whenever you need
- Certero for Enterprise ITAM captures a clear aggregated view of what actually has and hasn’t been used on a daily basis as opposed to the flawed approach of capturing how many times an application has been accessed
- Certero for Enterprise ITAM captures a full year of data, providing greater accuracy and insight into usage to enable safer decisions to re-harvest software
- Through interactive and customizable dashboards and charts, data is transformed into meaningful business intelligence
- Ensures operational decisions, such as de-installation or re-harvesting, are based on sound information rather than interpretation
Certero for Enterprise ITAM’s patching capabilities enable you to scan hardware for required software updates, report on the findings down to individual KB files and automate their download and onward distribution through a simple user interface. It can assist organizations in meeting security needs by automating the detection and remediation of security vulnerabilities in Windows Operating Systems and associated applications.
Certero for Enterprise ITAM offers highly automated, quick and efficient deployment or removal of applications. The ability to remotely manage application installs, removals, configuration changes and more is a key element of automated IT hardware asset management.
- Helps reduce the need for desk-side visits and guarantees the consistency of installed applications to increase first-time fix rate, saving valuable time and resources
- Fully automated distribution
- Supports policy-based software asset management
- Detailed inventory allows hardware to be targeted based on pre-defined criteria
- Logging at both client and delivery job level provides simple progress and error checking
- Can be used as a standalone solution or integrated with any major third-party distribution tools, including SCCM
- Capability to reboot and shutdown computers on your network, enabling remote installation of packages outside business hours
- Enhances basic Wake-on-LAN functionality by enabling the dynamic and static grouping of assets, allowing for the simplified targeting of systems
- Simple-to-use interface means all areas of the IT Department can use the tool to add value
Reporting and Business Intelligence
As with all of Certero’s next generation solutions, Certero for Enterprise ITAM includes a comprehensive parameter-driven, business intelligence and interactive drill down reporting capability:
- Cut and dice a vast array of highly granular, dynamic data
- Limitless report generation possibilities
- Share dashboards with key stakeholders in the business
- Facilitates improved planning, management and control
- Supports the management and optimization of business critical services
- Helps to control ongoing hardware management and maintenance costs
Ensuring alignment with your existing infrastructure strategy, Certero for Enterprise ITAM is available in public or private Cloud, on-premise or any combination of the two, with full functionality and no compromise, enabling IT teams to minimize disruption and optimize investments.
With Certero for Enterprise ITAM you can track asset ownership by manually or automatically associating hardware assets to their owners.
- Use in conjunction with organizational units and location based data to understand asset ownership by region or business function
- Incorporate into your Asset Lifecycle processes to view non-operational assets
Class-leading connectors are included as part of Certero for Enterprise ITAM.
- Import data directly from multiple inventory sources into one combined and consolidated view
- Leverage a growing number of third-party inventory solutions, including: Microsoft SMS and SCCM, Altiris, LANDesk, FrontRange and more
- New connectors can be built quickly on-demand for any existing inventory solution
Supporting Broader IT Management
Certero for Enterprise ITAM extends beyond IT hardware asset management to support broader IT management requirements:
- Managed hardware asset lifecycles, from stockroom to disposal
- Provides the highest levels of data granularity, such as ink levels in individual printers
- Populates the CMBD
- Learns your entire IT network structure
- Offers fingertip access to valuable information
- Minimizes time and costs associated with IMACs (installs, moves, adds and changes) projects
- Optimizes Service Desk and end-user support resources for quicker problem resolution
Financial Management and Cost Controls
Certero for Enterprise ITAM helps you keep on top of overall IT hardware asset costs and supports cost recovery and cross charging requirements. It also enables you to create rules to automatically set known costs for common items based on a range of available criteria. Alternatively, you can elect to manually define costs for exceptional items.
- Improves overall visibility of the true cost of hardware and software asset ownership
- Automates your internal cost charging and/or recovery policies
- Supports Financial and Commercial business functions by providing the detail behind the numbers
- Reports on organizational units, locations and a wide range of other criteria
Control and Manage IT Hardware Asset Lifecycles
- Discovers and records data across all IT hardware and software assets
- Offers real-time monitoring of all IT assets
- Automates the download and onward distribution of updates
- Supports transformation programs
- Provides real-time data to support IMACs projects
Support Software Asset Management
- Gathers and records granular data on all software assets
- Reveals software usage, license types and more
- Identifies software application security vulnerabilities
- Shows vendor compliance risks and potential penalty costs
- Supports software license optimization
Improve IT Governance
- Provides visibility of all IT hardware and software assets
- Delivers granular data on usage and ownership
- Identifies security vulnerabilities and available patches
- Learns your entire IT network structure
- Allows customizable, interactive reports and dashboards
Counteract Security Vulnerabilities
- Identify and locate malware
- Manages and controls application access and usage
- Identifies security vulnerabilities and patch levels
- Reveals legacy infrastructure and applications
- Identifies unauthorized applications
Royal Shakespeare Company
See how one of our customers implemented Certero Enterprise SAM to overcome their Software Asset Management challenges across their international IT estate.
“Our original system was difficult to use and the information it produced was not real-time, and this lead to us always making decisions based on out-of-date information. We also wanted to change our inventory process to one based on ITIL standards. Our service desk wanted a solution that would integrate with their existing ITSM platform. These drivers led us to look for a new IT asset management system.”Jacqui Stanley
Want to know more?
Book a demo with one of our experts to see how Certero for Enterprise ITAM can overcome your ITAM challenges.