This Policy outlines how personal data is handled in accordance with GDPR, as applicable: a) the General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR), b) UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and c) the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18).
What we collect
Certero collects data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our products.
The type of personal data collected may include:
- Email address
- Job Title
- Telephone number
- Business name
- IP address
- Demographic information such as postcode
How we collect it
Personal data is obtained from one or more of the following:
- Visits and use of the Certero websites
- Use of Certero’s social media
- Use of Google Analytics
- Attendees of corporate events
- Subscribers to Certero Company updates
- Parties entering into agreements with Certero
- Requests for information about products and services offered by Certero, and/or quotes
- Employment enquiries
- Data obtained by third parties
Lawful Basis of Processing Data
The lawful basis of processing of data will always be determined prior to any data being processed. The laws for processing personal data under GDPR are as follows:
- Consent – the individual has given their Consent to the processing of their personal data
- Contractual – processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the individual is a party, or for Certero to take pre-contractual steps at the request of the individual
- Legal Obligation – processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Certero is subject
- Legitimate Interests – processing of personal data is necessary under the Legitimate Interests of Certero or a Third Party, unless these interests are overridden by the individual’s interest or fundamental rights
- Public Task – processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
- Vital Interests – processing of personal data is necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual or another individual
Certero processes personal data under one, or more, of the following Lawful Bases:
- Legal Obligation
- Legitimate Interest
What we use it for
Certero will use the information it collects to provide legitimate business services such as:
- Marketing and promotional purposes
- For statistical analysis
- Telesales purposes,
- Product updates
- Security notifications
- Product development
- To meet our statutory monitoring and reporting responsibilities and to handle and communicate orders, billings and payment, delivery of products and services.
Your personal information, however, will never be sold to any company nor will it be shared with third parties, unless specifically stated otherwise in this policy or as required by law.
How Personal Data is Stored
Information is stored within Certero’s CRM system. Only a Certero Employee can access this information. This is ensured by the use of strict operational processes and procedures.
Customer Account Management
Information collected from customers is necessary in providing our service, tracking and responding to product tickets and account management purposes such as processing orders and invoicing. This information is necessary to fulfil our contractual requirements. Existing customers, may be contacted with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will always provide opportunity and instruction on how to opt-out of marketing and telesales communications should you no longer wish to receive information. If you would like to update your preferences please email email@example.com
Sharing of information
Certero only work with carefully chosen partners and ensures that all relevant terms & conditions and agreements are in place to be confident our partners meet GDPR requirements. Certero will gain consent to use personal information such as individuals’ names in all instances except those stated below:
- In instances where Certero and a partner jointly promote the Certero service, Certero may provide that partner certain information, such as name and e-mail address, for the sole purpose of allowing Certero and the partner to evaluate the promotion.
- Certero may use your information to disclose summary information to strategic and business partners: the summary information is obtained by combining data from many individuals with the name and other identifiers removed.
- Certero also may create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns. This information may be used to negotiate with service providers who complement the Certero service or assist us in our efforts to expand our customer base.
- Certero uses the information in order to provide services and may perform auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services, ensure the technical functioning of our network, protect the rights or property of Certero or our users, and develop new products or services.
- Certero may share your personal information with our authorised direct marketing agents unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
Retention of Data
Correcting and Updating Your Information
Certero conform to the privacy laws in line with GDPR, you have the right to view, update, correct or delete personal information which Certero holds.
Access to Information
Individuals and accounts whose personal information is processed and stored by Certero can access their information at any time. Individuals and accounts are always fully in control of the information that we maintain. Individuals can change their personal information at any time and as often as necessary by contacting the Certero Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Opt Out of Communication and Right to be forgotten
Certero Customers also can request to “opt out” of all communications from Certero and have the right to be forgotten in which their personal data will be deleted (requests for deletion of certain information may require closing the account). This may not be possible for Certero customers as this information is required for Certero to continue providing our contractual services. To opt out of email communication or telephone communication from Certero please email email@example.com
Information about an individual or account may be withheld or exempted from deletion if this is required by law, is part of a fraud investigation or is required for accounting and audit purposes.
Information regarding individuals is ultimately controlled by the individuals by whom the Individual is employed or for whom the Individual serves as a consultant or contractor. We will respond to all requests for access or change within 30 days.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: +44 (0)303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
This website uses ‘Cookies’ which are a small text file placed on the user’s computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies help Certero to improve the website and deliver a better and more personalized experience. This allows us to:
- Estimate our website audience size
- Store information about user preferences
- Recognise users when they return to the website
- Provide Certero with business and marketing information
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. We do not support Do Not Track browser settings.
Tracking cookies enable us to identify your device when you move between different Digital Properties, so that we can serve targeted advertising to you through third party platforms such as Google Ads. We do not collect personal, identifiable, or sensitive information from our visitors. Our cookies collect the following information:
- IP Address
- Pages Visited
- Email Address (If express permission is given)
- Hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross device tracking targeted advertising
More information on cookies and targeted advertising can be found here.
Certero for Mobile
For users of Certero for Mobile, the app collects location data even when the app is closed or not in use for the following purposes:
- To allow your Certero for Mobile administrator to track the location of the device.
- If your administrator enables geofencing, to alert them if the device moves outside the permitted area.
Location information is never sent to Certero and is only visible to your Certero for Mobile administrator.
Third Party Websites
Commitment to the Privacy of Your Family
The Certero website is not intended for minors under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly or specifically collect information about minors under the age of 16. Protecting the safety of minors when they use the Internet is very important to us. It is our policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and other applicable laws. We recommend that children receive permission from a parent before gaining access to the Certero service or sending personal information to Certero or anyone else online.
Limitation of Liability
CERTERO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY CUSTOMER OR INDIVIDUAL FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA, OR DATA USE. CERTERO’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS POLICY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO £5,000.00.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Certero’s [software-as-a-service] Solution
Certero help organizations transform their outdated operations and technologies in days and weeks not years. All of Certero’s solutions can be delivered as SaaS with no loss of functionality.
Certero Unified Platform
Learn more about Certero’s truly unique ‘unified’ platform.
Digital Transformation Edition
Transform in days and weeks, not months and years, start your journey now.
Verified Oracle LMS/GLAS Solution
Verified LMS (License Management Services), now GLAS (Global Licensing & Advisory Services) solution.
Manage Visibility, Cost and Governance of your Cloud Resources
Enterprise Standard Edition – ITAM / SAM for Wintel
Default solution to manage ITAM/SAM for a Wintel environment.
Enterprise Premium Edition – ITAM / SAM for Wintel
All you need in one place to manage your ITAM/SAM for a Wintel & Citrix environment.
Stand-a-lone or holistic solutions for IBM, SAP and Oracle.
Software License Compliance
One Stop Shop, products and services for any solution – all in one
Business Intelligence Solution
See how to turn DATA into INFORMATION then transform into KNOWLEDGE, all in a few clicks.
IT Asset Visibility
Find out: What do I own? Where is it located? Who is using it?
ITSM & CMDB Integration
Populating the CMDB with ‘Quality’ asset information is more critical than ever
SaaS Subscription Management
Discover, manage and optimize your SaaS investments.
Everything in One place, True Unification
Certero for Enterprise ITAM
Networks, printers, routers, Wintel, Mac, Linux, zLinux, Unix, all virtualizations and much more….
Certero for Enterprise SAM
Focused on Wintel software vendors, including automated solutions for Microsoft, Adobe and much more…
Certero App Centre
Enterprise ‘Application Portal’ for Self-Service application provisioning.
Certero for Mobile
Go beyond standard MDM and deliver full management and security for your mobile workforce.
Certero SRDB (Software Recognition)
Transform raw software inventory data into actionable intelligence about application usage and licensing.
Certero for Oracle
Optimize your Oracle Database, Middleware and E-Business Suite applications.
Certero for IBM
Discover and manage all IBM software & entitlements across the network. Dual Inventory, ILMT and Certero.
Certero for SAP Applications
Managing and automating the analysis of complex SAP named user and engine licenses across your estate.
An intuitive self-service password reset solution that can reduce service desk calls by 30%.
PC Power Management solution. Save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice
Rated #1 for SAM Customer Satisfaction year after year, after year
We think [and do] IT Differently