Certero release 'a new dimension in reporting' with version 8.1A new version of the Certero Unified Platform is here, bringing a range of updates across the ITAM, SAM, SaaS and Cloud Asset Management scope, including ground-breaking, new flexibility to mine your IT asset data through the platform's UI. Here's what you can expect from version 8.1:
Authentication support for – SAML 2.0
Security Assertion Mark-up Language (SAML) is an XML-based open-standard for transferring identity data between two parties: an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP). An Identity Provider such as Microsoft, Azure, Okta etc. performs authentication and passes the user’s identity and authorization level to the service provider, for an easier, secure login experience.
This new enhancement is available for both Certero SaaS hosted and On-Premise customers and will provide the following benefits:
- Improved User Experience — Users only need to sign in to once to access multiple services, allowing for a faster and less complex sign-in and authentication experience.
- Increased Security — SAML 2.0 provides a single-point of authentication. SAML 2.0 transfers the identity information directly from the Identity Provider to the Service Providers.
A New Dimension in Reporting
Reporting within Certero is already uniquely dynamic and flexible, with customisable dashboards to help to visualise and communicate information, drill-down capability to access underlying data from charts and filterable data grids.
Now with Certero 8.1, there’s even more power to ask the most complex questions and get clear answers through your Certero data. Increasingly, Certero’s full-enterprise scope ‘single version of the truth’ – consolidated data is transforming the way that businesses ‘see’, understand IT and make decisions.
With asset data on entire IT infrastructures, software, remote devices, SaaS and Cloud all in one place, the ability to mine this data into meaningful business intelligence is more important than ever. And so, in 8.1 Certero are raising the bar even higher with the freedom with which you can ‘touch’ and manipulate data into the reports that you need – free of silos, manual exports and limitations.
To see 8.1 reporting changes in action, contact your Customer Success Manager or get in touch
New reporting benefits include:
- Faster, easier access to IT asset intelligence within Certero
- More freedom to add the reporting columns that are more important and more relevant to you
- Reduced need to export data and lose the real-time accuracy of Certero system information
- Greater reporting scope across traditionally siloed IT asset management disciplines (such as on-premises and cloud)
- Greater collaboration with the ability to share saved and frequently used reports to save time and work more flexibly
Vitado Cloud Asset Management – Cost Data Reporting
The Certero Platform’s Cloud Asset Management solution Vitado, now has enhanced Cost Data Reporting. Vitado helps to streamline cloud governance and cost-optimization processes, supporting FinOps and continued Cloud cost-optimization. Enhanced cost-data reporting enables users to track and trend cloud spending, identify concerning spikes so you can take-action before it’s too late.
Vitado supports increased stakeholder accountability for cloud spending and informs FinOps teams in real-terms, across multi-cloud environments.
New features include:
- The ability to explore cost data across time periods and at any level of granularity.
- Visualise spending across all the cost-groups that are meaningful to you, to get a holistic, relevant view (not just one at a time).
- The ability to visualise and measure ‘relevant change’, such as how the current 30-day period compares to the previous 30day period, to identify relevant changes quickly.
Benefits of the new Vitado release include:
- Clearer cost management reporting and optimisation
- Centralised Multi-Cloud Visibility
- Streamlined Cloud Governance
- Unified visibility of Cloud and on-prem licensing, supporting cost-reducing Bring Your Own Licensing (BYOL)
Certero for Mobile – Enterprise Android 12 Update
Certero for Mobile now supports enhancements in-line with the latest release of Android 12.
This includes the optional ability to gather location history on all Android devices and Android’s new approach to setting the desired password complexity for Android 12 devices.
- Enterprise MDM services up-to-speed with the latest developments from Android
- Increased security
- Centralised visibility of device location history across all Android devices
Besides these new enhancements and features, there are many general updates and improvements throughout the platform and products, details of which can be found on formal 8.1 release notes via the secure Certero Customer Centre.
To take a look at Certero 8.1, discuss any changes or organise an upgrade, simply contact your Certero Account Manager today.