Software License Management: Five top tips to radically transform your SAM program
Software license management is about so much more than compliance. By embracing the needs of wider stakeholder groups, you can transform SAM into a driver of enterprise-wide value.
How often have you had SAM tools sold to you and your stakeholders by exploiting your fears? Fears of financial penalties, brand damage and possibly even jail terms for your company directors? Sure, these are all perfectly legitimate risks (and fears), and worth raising, but SAM is about so much more than license compliance.
Taking SAM in its entirety, license compliance is just one aspect. However, equally important are:
- Effective control of the financial cost of software (especially in the cloud and data center) and;
- Adding value to a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
So, with this in mind, we’d like to offer our five top tips to help you transform you SAM program from a ‘compliance-only function’ into a ‘value-adding machine’.
The guide will offer advice covering the following areas:
- Tip #1 – Understand your gaps
- Tip #2 – Prioritize your risks
- Tip #3 – Confirm ‘proof of entitlement’
- Tip #4 – Automate your SAM processes
- Tip #5 – Build stakeholder relationships
Implementing these five top tips will help you create a fully integrated ITAM and SAM program that delivers tangible value to a wide stakeholder audience, and significantly reduces your IT expenditure whilst improving your compliance position.
To discover more, download your copy today.