How can you improve software deployment and ensure compliance?
Managing application usage through its entire lifecycle can be a time-consuming, complex and costly task. Basically, there are three aspects that need to be considered:
- Deployment – easily and quickly across diverse environments
- Security – control and protect your corporate apps and their data
- Software licenses – monitoring, reporting and re-harvesting of expensive licenses
Your users are familiar with app-stores, from iTunes to Google Play, and will be comfortable finding, downloading and using the apps they need. Introducing this level of self-service to your IT function will efficiently allow your users to browse, request and receive the software they need in minutes.
Benefits of Utilizing an App-store for Software Deployment
Forrester predicts that app-stores will become the main way for software deployment and for workers to obtain their applications. Implementing an enterprise app-store will:
- Enable fast and reliable access – to the apps that employees need
- Increase employee productivity – by giving access in minutes rather than days
- Tighten data security – with features that block and control apps
- Reduce IT costs – by automating the app request, delivery and management process
- Ensure compliance – by giving you control of what is installed and retired
Fully Integrated Enterprise App-store
AssetStudio App-Centre is an enterprise self-service app-store that is a key component of the Certero platform. Fully integrated with the other AssetStudio products on the platform, it provides you with the ability to easily control and standardize software deployment across complex and diverse enterprise environments. It will also enable you to increase staff productivity while driving down IT costs and ensure license compliance.
Get in touch with Certero to discuss how you can improve software deployment and ensure compliance.