Certero for Cloud: AWS Module
Gives you the data, tools and asset intelligence to simplify governance, inform your
strategy and drive AWS cloud cost optimization.
Gain clarity with complete visibility of AWS
Define & pro-actively adhere to Cloud governance policies
Right-size investments & avoid wasteful underutilization & configuration
See, analyze & predict AWS costs
AWS Cloud Cost Optimization
Cost management allows an organization to see, predict and understand the contributors of cloud costs, make decisions and act accordingly.
Certero for Cloud: AWS gives you cost management features for understanding actual and forecasted costs, for assigning budgets to customizable pools of resources, and for identifying causes of bill shock to intercept them before they become a problem.
Combined with other Certero for Cloud modules like Azure, Certero enables a multi-Cloud view of expenditure and the ability to manage Cloud spend (e.g. by cost-center) across the business, for charge-back.
Unlimited AWS Reporting Tools
Gaining good data is key to any asset management process, but to be able to achieve good outcomes you also need a powerful, intuitive and customizable AWS reporting tool.
Certero for Cloud: AWS enables you to derive meaningful answers and insights from complex data and easily share and present that information through near-infinite reporting possibilities.
It’s not enough to be limited solely to ‘pre-canned’ reports in a solution; Certero’s approach instead, has created a reporting platform that’s intuitive enough to enable stakeholders to easily create and customize their own reports and get the answers to any question.
Whether you need an AWS cost allocation or usage report, AWS cost forecasting, or to test the state of your AWS resource tagging or AWS cost allocation tags; personalized dashboards can be populated with any array of information needed. Behind all your dashboard reports, Certero’s drill-down capability enables users to immediately access the data behind the reports with a simple click.
Enterprise-Wide Visibility of AWS
You can’t manage what you can’t see. Certero for Cloud: AWS Module discovers and inventories the most valuable inventory and configuration data for your Cloud accounts.
Cutting through the noise and providing a clear dashboard view of AWS assets, Certero empowers stakeholders with the knowledge of the most actionable usage and performance metrics, as well as who is performing actions and provisioning services that can incur costs to the business.
ISO 27001 Certified
Certero is committed to providing customers with the highest levels of security, which is why Information Security is embedded as part of our culture. From the board down, our Information Management Processes have helped customers have a safer, more reliable IT hardware, Software, SaaS and Cloud solutions and Services throughout the year.
+ A dashboard could be as high-level or detailed as you need, showing for example:
- Resource Inventory – The enhanced inventory for each resource type.
- Resource Types – Holistically or by business unit structure. All the discovered resources, resource groups and quantities, with drill-down capability into the data behind all reporting to see resource lists to track Cloud Sprawl.
- Metrics and Costs – The raw daily data that feeds the metrics and Cost Explorer features, for the deepest possible reporting scenarios.
- Activity Logs – Who is managing and changing things in the AWS portal; who is doing things that can incur costs such as provisioning instances (VMs). This helps to control and track Bill Shock back to people.
- Saved Governance or Optimization Reports – Quantifying toxic consumption, hygiene and wastage. Track conformance to tagging and naming standards.
- AWS Billing & Cost Management – Identify trends, forecasts, spikes, and root causes. Set budgets and alerts. Create and trend your own Cost Groups for laser focus, charge-back and show-back.
Policies, process and standards are needed for Cloud cost management with AWS, but you then need to be able to monitor and measure adherence and compliance to those standards centrally, en-masse and in accordance with asset ownership across the business.
Certero for Cloud: AWS makes governance pro-active through an intuitive Policy Builder that gives stakeholders an immediate, visual status and historical trends of compliance; which due to the volumes of data required, would be almost impossible to achieve manually.
To make sure you’re targeting the right asset data, Certero’s Filter Builder can be used to navigate deep resource associations and hierarchies, providing a powerfully flexible and repeatable way to attain immediate answers to complex governance challenges.
+ For example, a stakeholder may wish to create policies to:
- Manage adherence to AWS instance and resource naming and tagging standards, to identify any errors and deviations.
- Identify unauthorized purchasing or provisioning, for example of high-spec, expensive instances.
- Ensure Cloud resource lifecycle process is being followed by ensuring associated, billable resources such as disks and public IP addresses are not left abandoned.
- Ensure operational process is being followed.
- Ensure security-related configuration is being properly managed.
Combining Certero for Cloud AWS with other Certero modules such as Azure, means you can have a live status of your multi-Cloud governance and can manage legitimate compliance exceptions, across multiple Cloud vendors.
AWS Resource Optimization, Hygiene & Performance
Optimization is the remediation of toxic consumption, underutilization, and of wasteful configuration that is costing money but not delivering value to the business.
Certero for Cloud: AWS enables the business to continually strive towards a more cost-efficient deployment state. Combining inventory and metrics data with a deep reporting capability removes noise and enables stakeholders to easily identify opportunities to optimize and manage waste; improving the hygiene of your Cloud environment and reducing cost.
+ Optimization examples include:
- Finding resources in a state which means they can deliver no value, such as forgotten, stopped instances.
- Identifying misconfiguration or incomplete configuration of resources which impacts value for money, for example unassigned public IP addresses.
- Tracking poor practice such as using premium disks attached to budget instance types.
- Finding orphaned, abandoned resources such as disks, network interfaces, snapshots, etc. which create noise, hinders the management of your Cloud estate, signals governance issues; and can be a source of toxic consumption.
Certero’s AWS Cloud Metrics Explorer helps to measure the specific combination of capacity and performance that’s being consumed against what’s been provisioned, enabling further optimization through more accurate allocation of resources. Combine metrics with Certero Policy Builder to automatically find, visualise and trend your status and success.
Certero for Cloud: AWS enables you to actively discover instances of under-performance and to explore these Cloud assets in greater depth to determine where efficiencies and cost-savings can be made. Find these opportunities, and more:
- Non-utilization – Identify zombie, idling instances and other resources.
- Under-utilisation – Find right-sizing candidates where instances are using only a fraction the provisioned, billable CPU, RAM, etc.; to realize the most value from what you pay for.
- Consolidation – Explore data to support application consolidation across fewer instances.
- Bottlenecks – Find causes of performance issues related to CPU, RAM, disk performance, network throughput, etc.
A Single Platform to optimize your business assets; Multi-Cloud, On-Premises and Beyond
Certero empowers IT with a single, live information source and intuitive reporting interface, so that questions that require accurate asset intelligence to answer, can be answered quickly. This reliable ‘single source of the truth’ is ideal to support the full spectrum of IT operations, removing the need to compile and interpret information from multiple toolsets and enabling a ‘big picture’ view of IT. Now, with Cloud and SaaS optimization solutions available on the same platform as solutions to manage on-premises and remote IT assets, you can keep asset intelligence neatly centralized and optimized within the Certero platform. Simply turn-on the solutions you need:
Certero for Cloud: addresses the unique challenges of IaaS & PaaS environments like AWS and Azure.
Certero for SaaS: covers the control and cost-optimization of SaaS applications, including: Office365, G Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Salesforce.com Okta, box, Dropbox, Slack, Tableau, Wrike and Zoom.
Certero for Enterprise ITAM & SAM: for managing on-premise IT hardware & software (and with Certero for Cloud, Bring Your Own License (BYOL).
Together with additional options for Datacenter and Mobile, Certero is your enterprise-ready, unified IT intelligence platform to transform the way you view, report and manage IT assets, everywhere.
“Certero gives us validation. Even the senior leadership team use it to measure our migrations to the Cloud. Having visibility of the on-prem world and cloud world all within Certero, helps us understand our progress.”