Mobility brings huge benefits but requires careful management
The way we access information and communicate with each other has been revolutionized by smartphones and tablets. Most organizations are now looking to embrace the power of these devices in order to improve their productivity and be better placed to face future challenges. A key part of achieving this is ‘Bring Your Own Device’ (BYOD), which is now an accepted part of corporate IT strategy. To meet this growing demand, organizations require mobile device management, an Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) solution, to control their physical assets and ensure users have access to the resources required for their job. Such a solution must maintain security and privacy, with potentially sensitive information reaching far beyond the traditional corporate domain.
Selecting the right solution is difficult in a developing market
EMM is a developing market, with new solutions being introduced almost daily. Identifying the right one to meet your needs is a challenge in its own right.
Mobile device management issues
Mobile device management (MDM) deals with the deployment, securing, monitoring, integrating, and management of mobile devices in the workplace. the intent of MDM is to optimize the functionality and security of mobile devices with the enterprise, whilst simultaneously protecting the corporate network. Key considerations include:
- Which devices are supported: iOS, Android, Windows?
- Easy enrollment and configuration.
- Ability to differentiate between corporate and BYOD devices, and manage accordingly.
- Protection afforded in the event that a corporate device is stolen or goes missing.
- Measures to control movement of valuable devices in vulnerable locations, such as iPads used in schools or hospitals.
- Ability to identify if a device has been unlocked or hacked (jailbroken or rooted) and therefore is vulnerable to damaging malware.
Personal device used for work
Since modern IT services and solutions have made it possible for data to be stored in mobile devices, it’s easy for employees to access corporate information. As such, many workers have adopted the use of personal devices for work-related activities as they prefer carrying a single device. But on the flipside, such devices are not under full IT control and risk of data loss is inevitable.
Application management Issues
Mobile application management (MAM) covers the delivery and administration of enterprise software to end users’ corporate and personal mobile devices. Key considerations include:
- Easy distribution, update and maintenance of corporate applications to end users
- Security and controlling access to sensitive applications, such as price lists
- Ability to manage and control access to publicly available applications
- Management of licenses purchased through VPP (Apple’s volume purchase programme), ensuring applications can be deinstalled remotely and made available for re-use as necessary
AssetStudio Vitado from Certero, one of the most cost-effective EMM products available
Vitado, part of the AssetStudio suite of comprehensive SAM solutions, is one of the most cost-effective EMM products available and helps to maintain security, visibility and control of your organization’s mobile assets from smartphones to tablets. Vitado is simple to administrate, has minimal impact on end users, and covers all the key challenges associated with Android, iOS, and Windows devices.
Enrollment and inventory
- Rapid mass enrollment via QR codes
- Easy self enrollment via a downloadable app
- Detailed up-to-date inventory of all enrolled device information, such as:
- phone number
- installed app
- enrolled users
Improved user experience
- Minimal battery consumption
- No noticeable impact on device performance
- No instability with devices freezing and/or crashing
- No interference with other apps
- Corporate app-store
- Public app-store –manage approved list of apps for easy download
- Integrates with Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
- License compliance -monitor app usage and reharvest unused apps
Setup and configuration
- Remote configuration of Wi-Fi, VPN
- Enforce device restrictions
- Setup password policies
- Supports both corporate and BYOD policies
Enables unified end-point management
- Vitado operates on the Certero Platform
- Either standalone or integrated optimally and holistically with other Certero solutions such as AssetStudio for Enterprise SAM
- Access to all the information needed to manage assets in use across the entire estate.
Security and compliance
- Remotely wipe and disable lost or stolen devices
- Detect jailbroken and rooted devices
- Supports Geofencing
- Create flexible and strong password policies
- Enables by default secure ‘Certificate Pinning’
- Ability to blacklist apps
One of the most cost-effective EMM products available.
Secure, easy to use solution.
Enforce secure password policies.
Delivers accurate inventory of enrolled mobile devices.
Covers all the major mobile device operating systems – Windows Mobile, Android and iOS.
Easy and fast customization of configurations.
BYOD is here to stay. Certero can help you enjoy all the productivity, and end user experience and satisfaction benefits whilst ensuring your organization stays secure and in control.
Watch the video to find out how Vitado, the highly cost-effective EMM solution, ensures control is maintained and risk is minimized, whilst giving users the access and flexibility they need.