By Trevor Anderson
We have recently seen an increase in the number of
organisations being approached by software vendors requesting a ‘software
compliance review (audit). Faced with this prospect can be challenges and
finding where to start is the first milestone in any SAM Plan.
So we’ve developed a ‘Plan of Action’ to help you prepare
before it’s too late, reducing the disruption on your normal role and helping
to put you in the driving seat should a vendor come knocking.
- Review key contracts to ensure audit rights are captured in SAM
- Brief key stakeholders.
Next 90 Days:
- Develop policy and processes.
- Carry out risk analysis to identify vendors most likely to
Next 12 Months:
- Develop standard templates for managing audits.
- Review compliance status for key vendors when renewing or negotiating